A lot of complaints were made regarding my video on how to install Borland C++ 3.1 on Windows 8. To some of you, Borland C++ can be installed with just a few clicks, but to others there is an error which could pop-up. In this article I will guide you to install Borland C++ on Windows 8 without running into the following error: “Application can’t run on your PC. Contact with your software publisher”.
As you probably already figured it out, this error is about compatibility. Apparently, Borland C++ 3.1 is not compatible with Windows 8 and therefor cannot be installed properly. Still, there is a way.
First of all, you will need to download and install DosBox for Windows. You can easily install the 32 bit version on a 64-bit OS. The download page is here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/dosbox/files/dosbox/0.74/DOSBox0.74-win32-installer.exe/download
After you install it, go to http://wizzardjuverdeanu.ro/download-borland-c-3-1/ and download an archived copy of Borland C++
- After you completed the first two steps, it’s time to begin the installation:
- extract the files from the Borland C++ archive you just downloaded to your C: drive
- rename the folder into Borland (it will be easier to get to it)
- start Dosbox and type in the following command: mount c: c:
- after that you will be able to install Borland C++ as if you were running an old MS-DOS Machine. Just type in the following command to begin the installation process:
- cd Borland
- cd bin
- don’t forget to hit enter after every command
- you will se that you have entered the installation of C++ as shown in my installation article and video.
You can use the C++ installation steps from this article: http://howto-install.org/how-to-install-borland-c-on-windows-8/
In order to start the application, just start DosBox and type in the following commands:
- mount c: c:
- cd borlandc
- cd bin
The software should start and work just fine. Good luck on your coding.
PS: If you have any complaints, just use the comment form bellow. Don’t forget to mention your PC configuration so it will be easier for me to answer your concerns.
- How to disable Lenovo RapidDrive and install the operating system on SSD?
- The last of us: Enter The Apocalypse Gameplay Trailer